You are here
3 year reserach position
The DKM Unit has an opening for a research position in it’s research field to support the design of system and the development of experiments in the area of automated reasoning for the semantic web and integration of reasoning and learning. The successful candidate will be employed for a period of three years (with a trial period). She/he will participate to the research activities in various aspects of reasoning algorithms for semantic web, and algorithms for integrating logical reasoning and machine learning.
The candidate is expected to perform activities related to the following research topics:
- Methods for automated reasoning in knowledge representation, e.g., answer set programming, description logics and semantic web, satisfiability, fuzzy logic;
- Neural networks and more in general machine learning models (such as svn, decision trees, etc.) which are capable to analyze and abstract from large set of numeric data;
- Statistical relational learning methods such as Inductive Logic Programming, and combinations of deep learning with logic programming.
The candidate is expected to work in collaboration with other researchers, programmers, and students involved in the project. Moreover, the candidate is asked to interact with other researchers with different background (e.g. natural language processing, image and video processing, signal processing and planning) in order to ollaborate in the development of interdisciplinary joint projects.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Electronic Engineering;
- Software development skills (preferably Python and Java);
- System management skills (at least two among: Linux, MacOS and Windows);
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and deliver in research and/or projects;
- Attitude to the problem solving;
- Oral and written proficiency in English.
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or Electronic Engineering;
- In depth previous experience in at least one of the following areas:
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Work hours: full time
Gross annual salary: about 34.300 €
Start date: about middle of September 2019
Duration: 3 years
Workplace: Trento – Povo
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., public transport, sports facilities, accommodation. More info at www.welfarefbk.info/
Candidates are required to submit their applications by filling in the online form at https://jobs.fbk.eu/ including the following attachments (.pdf format):
● Detailed CV
● Cover Letter (explaining your motivation for this specific position)
● Two professional references (e-mails and/or phone numbers)
Application deadline: 25th July, 2019
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical inquiries about the position, send an e-mail at .