You are here
Logics for knowledge representation Bolzano
This is the page that describes a course in Logic for Knowledge Representation by Luciano Serafini
The course is currently running at the Free University of Bolzano/Bozen
- CLASS: Introduction to logic (slides)
- EXERCISE: quick reading of new logics. In this exercise, students are asked to quickly read a paper that introduce a new logic and to produce a set of slides that describes the following points (a) what aspect of the world is formalized by the logic, (b) syntax, (c) semantics, (d) axiomatization. This might take about 2 hours. Here are examples of slides produced by the students:
- Probabilistic Dynamic Epistemic Logic Barteld P. Kooi, Journal of Logic, Language and Information 12: 381–408, 2003. © 2003 Kluwer Academic Publishers. (slides by Ronald de Haan) (paper)
- Dynamic logic (paper) (slides by Gil Vegliach and Sergey Paramonov)
- A Decidable Dynamic Logic for Agents with Motivational Attitudes (paper) (slides by Martin Aleksandrov and Peter Skocovsky)
- CLASS: Introduction to ALC (slides)
- READINGS readings on ALC, Modal Logics, and Correspondence between ALC/Modal Logics with FOL
- basic reading on ALC "Chapter 2 of the Handbook of Description Logics. Basic Description logics by F. Baader and V. Nutt
- additional reading on bisimulartion: Modal logic: a semantic perspective by Patrick Blackburn and Johan van Benthem
- CLASS: reasoning in ALC (slides)
- READINGS Franz Baader and Ulrike Sattler, An Overview of Tableau Algorithms for Description Logics
- EXERCISES Worked out exercises on satisfiability in ACL can be found here
- CLASS: Introduction to DL's stronger than ALC (slides)
- CLASS: Reasoning with ACLI, ALCN, ALCQ,... SHIQ (slides)
- READINGS: see slides at:
- CLASS Reasoning with Nominals (SHOIQ) (slides)
- Ian Horrocks and Ulrike Sattler. 2007. A Tableau Decision Procedure for SHOIQ. J. Autom. Reason. 39, 3 (October 2007), 249-276.
- I. Horrocks, O. Kutz, and U. Sattler. The Even More Irresistible SROIQ. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR-2006, Lake District UK), 2006.
- Yevgeny Kazakov, An Extension of Complex Role Inclusion Axioms in the Description Logic SROIQ Conference on Automated Deduction - CADE , pp. 472-486, 2010
- CLASS Contextual reasoning. (no slides) see the article on introduction of contextual reasoning and decision procedure for contexts
- CLASS Propositional fuzzy logic slides
- Basic results from sections 2.1, 2.2, 3.1, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 of Hajek, P. (1998), Metamathematics of fuzzy logic, Dordrecht: Kluwer.
- Alternatively you can read the following tutorial
- The original paper of Lofti A. Sadeh on fuzzy sets Information and Control, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 338-353, June 1965.
- For the last theorem in the slides you can read the paper Finitness in infinite-value Lukasiewicz logic By Stefano Aguzzoli and Agata Ciabattoni
- CLASS Fuzzy description logics slides
- READING The slides describes the content of the paper Fuzzy description logics with general t-norms and datatypes Fernando Bobillo and Umberto Straccia, April 2009